Sunday, December 28, 2014

Serious talk: my uterus

So after my 8 week ultrasound, I went to my family doctor and she told me I have a bicornuate uterus. Which in easy terms means my uterus is in the shape of a heart. A normal uterus is the shape of a pear.

So I'm like, "Hmmm...okay..."

Then she says that everything has been fine and I've had a healthy pregnancy so far, but as my doctor she just has to tell me that there is a risk of premature birth and a smaller risk of miscarriage( because the baby doesn't have as much room to grow.) So of course hearing this my heart just drops, even though she reassures me the baby and I are fine and many women carry full term.

As soon as I got home, Brent just looked at me in panic as I broke into tears. After telling him the baby was fine and it was just my wonky uterus, he managed to calm me down and told me everything would work out and the baby would be fine.

So of course next I told my mom and my sister and felt much better after doing so because it turns out two women in my family have the same type of uterus and one has had healthy twin girls and the other has had two healthy girls that carried full term. I also did a  lot of research and found other women with abnormal uterus' and got relief in reading that they've carried not just one but a few healthy children full term.

So if you're like me, don't worry, there is hope for us and our uterus!

No comments:

Post a Comment